Floorball vs Floor Hockey
- Floorball uses a special lightweight stick and ball, as well as rules of play that promote a more safe and less aggressive play as floor hockey.
- Floorball does not require that you have skills relating to hockey to compete.
- Floorball requires stick play to be under waist level height
- Does not allow body checking.
- It follows rules of play that are similar in nature to soccer whereby strategies of using the full gym to move the ball to create scoring opportunities is encouraged versus floor hockey that plays more like ice hockey rules and typically has a more aggressive attack to the net concept.
- Floorball goalies are on their knees and have protected creases to prevent players from entering into their net area.
- Goalies do not have a stick and can handle the ball in ways that resemble a soccer goalie.